Nurturing young children in our impoverished communities
Rhino Africa believes that together with our clients and partners, we can make a sustainable impact, uplift our local communities, and leave a lasting legacy in Africa.
One of these efforts is Khumbulani Day Care Centre, an initiative that Rhino Africa has a long-standing friendship with. Acting as a haven for 300 HIV Aids-infected and -affected children, Khumbulani had inconspicuous beginnings in 2000 in the 2-bedroom home of Gloria Bebeza.
Mama Gloria saw that (often single) parents affected by the virus, and their children who directly or indirectly suffered from it, were in great need of support. With the help of Rhino Africa, Gloria’s home-run initiative, originally only caring for 8 children, was able to flourish into the safe haven it is today.
In addition Khumbulani Day Care, Gloria runs a soup kitchen that feeds 350 people daily, provides an aftercare program for 80 primary & high school children, and hosts a weekly HIV support group for 50 women from the surrounding communities.
Rhino Africa is proud to have had a hand in the growth of Khumbulani:
• In partnership with Nhlayisa we donate a specially-formulated porridge designed to ensure the children of Khumbulani get
as many nutrients as possible while in the steady hands of Gloria and her team
• We joined forces with the Good Work Foundation to provide formal teacher training or early childhood development
guidance to the caregivers at Khumbulani
• We purchased the land that Khumbulani’s new R3.5-million daycare building is now found on in Khayelitsha
• We made dreams come true when we took 60 children to the Two Oceans Aquarium for the very first time in March 2016
• In June 2016 we had our second educational outing where we took 120 children to Monkey Town.
• Our most recent and exciting contribution to Khumbulani is the new playground and jungle gym that can now be found on the
In the words of Nelson Mandela, “To heal a nation you must first feed and educate her children”, and it is in this spirit that we embrace our involvement with Khumbulani.
How can you help?
While much has been done, it is still not enough - Khumbulani remains in dire need of support. Any donations toward the children of Khumbulani and Mama Gloria’s various initiatives will be greatly appreciated.
• Get free, no-obligation advice with Rhino Africa. Just by booking with us, you help to support and fund the work of
• Extend your stay in Cape Town and visit Khumbulani: Khumbulani is based in Khayelitsha, one of Cape Town’s poorest
settlements. Why not request a personal tour and visit Khumbulani? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• To this worthy cause and leave your legacy in the lives of Africa’s children:
• R8500 ($500) will sponsor breakfast for 300 children for a full month
• R8000 ($450) will sponsor an educational outing for 120 children
• R1500 ($100) will sponsor a child with daycare for ONE YEAR.
Are you interested in partnering with us and leaving your legacy in Africa? Contact Rhino Africa’s CSR Manager: Teresa van der Bank email@example.com
© 2017 PA Attorneys. All right reserved. Designed by Yoto Technologies
© 2017-2018 Khumbulani Centre
I-370 Mateta Street, Khayelitsha
Phone: 021 360 8007
Designed & Developed By Yoto Technologies